The basis of the rotation is the order in which you cycle through your attunements. Start by auto attacking and changing attunement off cooldown in the order:
- - - repeat
Following this loop will give you 100% uptime on , necessary for achieving 100% Bleeding and
Burning duration. You will also have around 75% uptime on , providing you with bonus strike and condition damage.
We will add the weapon skill 2 to the rotation: and .
- Cast when you enter . This skill deals no damage by itself, but needs to be recast via and applies Bleeding.
- has a short cooldown and can be cast twice in a single loop. The first cast should be as soon as it comes off cooldown when first entering . You want to delay the second cast until your comes off cooldown and immediately swap attunements after casting. Swapping attunements while casting a skill does not cancel that skill. deals more damage than , so by delaying until you can swap attunements, you can cast 1 more compared to casting the second off cooldown.
The next step adds weapon skill 3: and . can be cast when in - . is cast right after . has no cast time and should now be cast during .
can serve as an indicator if you are cycling through attunements fast enough as its cooldown is as long as your attunement loop. When you enter and there is still a small cooldown on , you're good. If you are fast enough, the cooldown will even start to desync a little every loop, so you will need to cast it further and further into .
This is the last step that adds weapon skills, namely , and .
- lets you explode any Fire Aura that you receive. Due to the trait , you gain a fire aura when attuning to . Cast as you enter - , right before or after .
- does not line up with anything in the rotation and should be cast whenever available.
- Casting is a minor (~100) dps increase. Saving it for the condition cleanses is not a problem however.
This is the final step and adds all of the utility skills. If this step is a little overwhelming, first learn the timing of and .
- Use off cooldown. This skill deals massive burning damage and provides some passive Precision. You do not lose the passive because we use the trait . Its cooldown is 12 seconds, so you should cast it around the same time every loop. (Your heal skill is also a signet, so you can cast it for a small burst heal without losing the passive healing as well.)
- deals conditions based on your current attunement. The Bleeding is stronger than the Burning, so the best time to cast this skill is when entering to ensure all ticks apply Bleeding.
- also applies conditions based on your attunement, but this time the Burning is stronger than the Bleeding. Use off cooldown when in . In real fights, replace this skill with and also cast it in . deals more damage, but introduces some RNG in the benchmark.
- Cast in and then cast off cooldown.
, and are all instant cast, so you can cast these while casting other abilities.
A note on weave self
is an extremely potent ability, inceasing your Condition Damage by 20% for up to 30 seconds when executed properly. It does however increase the APM of the optimal rotation whenever you are under its effect. For this reason, is used in its place as the elite skill and is the only major difference between this guide and Condition Weaver. Taking results in around a 2k dps loss
Even a rotation without a perfect will outdamage , so some tips for performing the weave self rotation are given:
- Start in - .
- Precasting saves you some time to cast when first entering .
- Besides at the beginning and at the end, the order of attunements stays the same as what you're used to.
- You want to enter while the cooldown is at 66 seconds, assuming perfect Alacrity. Even if you're not fast enough to have performed the full , attuning to water extends your Condition Damage buff by an additional 10 seconds and lets you deal more damage than taking .
- If you enter from , you can just follow the rotation of Condition Weaver and start looping. If instead you enter from , then do:
- start loop