You use the following Masteries and mounts:
- Masteries: None, but having
means that you can help capture towers if needed (everyone). , , and (towers players). If using (group and solo strategies), towers players also need .
- mounts: N/A (released before Path of Fire).
The escort special role must be able to easily use their SAK (special action key). Having other players also able to easily use their SAK helps in emergencies.
3 common tower-capturing strategies:
- (common) everyone: 1
(or other class) uses and to have everyone (except the escort) capture towers without fighting. If needed, have another class bring a backup portal. When a tower is captured, everyone goes down.
- (rare) group: 4–5 players (including 1 healer and 1
-giver) kill almost all enemies, leaving 1 enemy alive (to prevent respawns). The tower-capturing group stays up, using the on the path while waiting for the next ley line to spawn. The ground players keep Glenna safe, as the escort moves her to white AoEs.
- (uncommon) solo: 1
uses , , and to keep enemies out of the capture ring. The solo stays up, using the on the same tower.
3 special roles:
- portal-maker: Used when everyone captures towers. Bring 1 portal-maker if the portal-maker is experienced; bring 2 portal-makers if you need a backup.
( , , etc.) with and (optional for backup).
- tower player(s) (solo, group): Depending on the tower-capturing strategy, either 1 player (who captures towers solo, with high
) or 4–5 players (who capture towers as a group, with a healer and ).
- back-warg-killer: Kills
that spawn behind the squad. High-burst or condition DPS with lots of soft CC (like , , and ).
- escort: Stays with the NPC when others capture towers or kill enemies. Using the SAK, moves the NPC to white AoEs and away from danger. Usually the
or other healer.
(Envoy I) Complete
Opening the Gate
You start before a drawbridge that lowers when you go near it. Scholar Glenna is at the tent near the raid wing's entrance.
The encounter begins when you talk to Glenna.
The escort keeps Glenna alive by staying with her and moving her away from danger with the SAK. Move her to white AoEs to create ley lines and open gates.
Glenna gains 15 stacks of
- (escort) Be careful! You can use
from very far away, but the SAK's range (1,500) is larger than the safe area for (1,000)! Even if Glenna isn't in danger, stay near her so you don't accidentally move too far away!
- If Glenna has the
icon above her head, there are no players near her. If she has a shield icon above her head, there are players near her.
- Be careful! The shield icon does not mean that Glenna has high
To move Glenna, the squad gets the SAK
Glenna runs to where
If other players use
Keep Glenna behind the squad, away from enemies, mines, and other attacks.
Heal her as needed.
The escort moves Glenna to the drawbridge. Glenna creates a ley line across the gap.
Glide across the ley line. Use the nearby lever to raise the drawbridge, allowing Glenna to follow.
Move Glenna to the gate's white AoE. Stay away from the bomb's AoE!
After opening the gate, if you wipe, the drawbridge stays up and the gate stays open.
Go past the opened gate. Kill the enemies.
If going to the first tower, enter the nearby cave entrance.
Surviving the Tunnel of Respite ("Cave")
The cave is filled with
The mushroom enemies hit hard and use
After you reach the exit, turn left, jumping up to glide to the nearby
If not solo-capturing, then wait for the other players to be ready before bouncing up.
If not going to the first tower, clear mines before entering the little courtyard.
Mines instantly kill players and Glenna when they walk into the red AoE ring. They cannot be avoided, blocked, or
Destroy the mines while standing past the white AoE ring. Don't touch the red AoE ring! Standing in the safe area makes the mine attackable.
- When near mines to kill them, tap your forward key, instead of holding it down, so you only move past the white AoE.
- Moving beside (parallel to) the mine's red AoE is safer than moving toward it. If you move too far, you won't run through the red AoE.
Before they respawn, an orange AoE appears. When the orange AoE fills, the mine is active again.
Be careful when fighting enemies near mines! They use
Kill the enemies before continuing to the main path.
The back-warg-killer stays by the tent (near the first group of enemies), where the back
Clearing the Path
Capture 5 towers to stop
Don't go into the
Below the towers, clear mines, kill enemies and
- (escort) When moving Glenna, stay on the path's sides, so you aren't surprised by respawning mines.
- Glenna takes a few seconds when using a white AoE, so wait for respawning mines/enemies/wargs to die first.
Capture the first tower. If people on the ground are going up to capture the tower, clear the area outside the little courtyard first, so the escort and Glenna are safe.
To capture the tower, the number of players needs to be greater than the number of White Mantle enemies. (Player and enemy minions don't count.)
If taking a portal to the towers, when the tower
- If wargs or other enemies are close to Glenna, kill them first.
- Wait for
, and then take the portal. Don't attack, or you'll lose !
- The escort stays behind to keep Glenna from losing stacks of
- If the squad doesn't have
, stay up and kill the enemies before capturing the tower.
The red ring turns blue when you're capturing the tower.
When the tower is captured:
- The ring disappears.
- A random player character that was in the ring says something ("Tower secure!", "We've secured the tower!", "Area clear!", etc.).
- The "Turrets Secured" bar fills a little more.
Make sure that the ring disappears before taking the portal back!
Going to Tower 1
After exiting the cave and gliding to the
After the first tower is captured,
Killing Warg Bloodhounds ("Wargs")
Use only soft CC to slow
Use soft CC (
Don't use hard CC (
stops sped-up from moving.
(back-warg-killer) If the back warg won't die before it's close to Glenna, or you die to a mine, call for help.
(non-back-warg-killer) If the back-warg-killer calls for help, 1–2 DPS go kill the back-warg. If the back-warg-killer is dead, continue killing back wargs.
- High-burst or condition DPS with
(and other soft CC) are preferred, since the back warg is moving and might be close to Glenna.
- If DPS players have low DPS, the back warg's health is high, or the back warg is close, send 2 DPS.
After killing 4 back wargs, the back-warg-killer goes to the squad.
After capturing towers, players with the
Continue up the path until you reach the next white AoE. Kill enemies, clear mines, and use Glenna to create ley lines. Keep Glenna safe. Capture the remaining towers.
Going to Towers 2 to 5
After the first tower, use ley lines to reach the other towers.
Glenna unlocks 2 ley lines for each white AoE. One ley line starts from the previous tower, while the other ley line starts from the ground.
- The ley lines from the ground go to the first tower.
To glide to the next tower, jump onto the raised part of the tower, and then glide into the ley line.
To glide into the ground ley lines:
- Tower 2: Jump onto a rock near its lower end, and then glide into the ley line.
- Tower 3: Jump near the wall to glide into the ley line.
- Tower 4: Jump on a small ledge near the wall to glide into the ley line.
- Tower 5: At the top of the stairs, glide down into the ley line.
After capturing the 5 towers,
Glenna's stacks of
Mini-Boss: McLeod the Silent
Before fighting, move Glenna to the top of the stairs.
- Keeping her away from
keeps her safe, while making it a little faster to move her after the fight.
- When you start fighting
, you lose !
The fight begins when you get close to
: Attacks in front of him for extreme damage and . : Teleports to the player furthest away from him, causing in an AoE around the target.
- Clones: Every 25%,
splits into 2 clones. Each clone and player has a red or white icon above their head. To damage the clone, players need to attack the clone with the same-color icon. Attacking the wrong clone stacks . : Spawns at the gate when both of clones die. Moves to kill Glenna.
If any players are dead, the back-warg-killer revives dead players while the squad kills
Stack in front of the gate, to keep
Move away from
splits, the squad and clones get colored icons over their heads. Kill the clone with the same color as your icon.
Opening the Gate
- Only escort uses
to move Glenna, unless Glenna's in danger of dying (AoEs, enemies, mines, wargs).
- (escort) Move Glenna to the white AoE to spawn the ley line.
- (non-escort) Glide over the ley line. Pull the lever.
- Escort moves Glenna to the white AoE. Stay away from the bomb.
- Kill enemies.
- (tower player/group) Go through the cave, running from water pool to water pool, while avoiding enemies and their
. If capturing with multiple players, wait at the until the other players are ready.
- (other players) Clear mines by carefully moving past the white AoE line. Don't move past the red AoE line! Attack the exposed mine.
- Kill courtyard enemies. back-warg-killer goes to the tent.
Clearing the Path
Keep Glenna safe by killing enemies, staying away from
- ("everyone" strategy) Escort stays with Glenna. Tower
and portals people up to capture towers. Don't attack enemies unless the squad loses .
- ("group" strategy) Tower group kills enemies and captures towers. While waiting for the next ley line, use
to attack enemies on the ground.
- ("solo" strategy) Tower
into towers, and enemies out of the capture ring, and captures towers. While waiting for the next ley line, either use to attack enemies in the same tower, or stay with the squad.
- After capturing the first tower,
start spawning at the tent near the beginning ("back warg") and end ("front warg") of the path. When they reach Glenna, they attack, killing her in 1–2 hits.
- Don't use hard CC (
, , , etc.) on wargs! When hard CC is used, they speed up! Use soft CC (especially ) to slow/stop their movement!
- (back-warg-killer) After killing 4 wargs, go to the squad.
Mini-Boss: McLeod the Silent
- Before the fight, move Glenna to the top of the stairs.
- (back-warg-killer) Revive dead players.
- (non-back-warg-killer) Stack at the gate. Wait for
to go to you.
- Don't stand in front of
- When he splits, kill the clone that matches your icon color.
. Move Glenna to the white AoE. Stay away from the bomb.
- Touching mines, from moving too close when destroying them, being
/ into them, or not noticing them respawning.
- Leaving Glenna alone too long, spawning enemies that kill her.
- Moving Glenna into a mine.
- Not moving Glenna away from danger.
- Dying while trying to portal.
- Not capturing a tower before leaving it.
, speeding them up.
- Standing in front of
, getting hit by .
- solo tower-player, portal-maker (special roles) = tower
- escort (special role) = babysitter
- back-warg-killer (special role) = back warg
that spawns behind the squad = back warg = wargs
- Tunnel of Respite point of interest = cave
= cannons, turrets that spawns in front of the squad = front warg