CCPA Privacy Notice
All original work on this site is copyright Snow Crows and its respective owners and may not be copied or reprinted without our express written approval.
This website uses artwork, images, and icons that are © 2010-2022 ArenaNet, LLC.
Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Snow Crows is a third-party site built to provide information and services to assist players who play Guild Wars 2. Snow Crows is in no way associated with ArenaNet, NCSOFT Corporation or the Guild Wars 2 trademark.
The Snow Crows website integrates with some third-parties to deliver the available services. Any questions about these services or their terms should be directed to the appropriate parties using the details below.
We are committed to complying with Australian Privacy laws and the Spam Act.
Primarily, we use personal information for the provision of our services which enables our customers to access informational services about online video games and tools to assist players to improve their gaming performance. Not all of the information collected and held by us will be personal information. The majority of the information we source from third parties does not reveal a person’s identity.
This policy applies to Snow Crows, as set out below.
We collect personal information to enable us to provide our services. We also collect some non-personal information.
Some of the information we collect includes:
- information about your use of this website (including browser statistics, IP Address);
- information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website;
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services, such as: email
Accuracy and Completeness
We are committed to providing accurate and complete information. If you become aware that any information in our materials is inaccurate or incomplete, then please notify us (with as much detail as possible) and we will use our best efforts to verify that information and correct or update the information in our Website.
Our contact details to provide corrected or updated information are email@example.com.
If you provide data to us which includes personal information of another, you must first obtain consent from that person. By providing that information to us, you represent that you have obtained such consent.
We collect information on our own behalf. We may engage third parties to provide services to us, which may include processing personal information on our behalf. We require that such third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
Storage & Retention
All information is stored securely on servers in London, UK. At this time, we retain registration information (such as email) and information provided by you when using the website indefinitely.
Use and Disclosure
To the extent that Snow Crows obtains your personal information, it may use it to:
- provide products and services to you
- verify your identity
- provide you with news and information, as well as promote and market products, services and special offers made available by us, our related companies and third parties (unless you ask us not to)
- generate records and reports based on your use of our services
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- respond to any specific request you make of us
- prevent or investigate any fraud or crime (or a suspected fraud or crime)
- audit and monitor the services we provide
We may disclose information about you to:
- your authorised representatives and agents
- our agents, contractors and third-party service providers to enable them to provide administrative and other services for or to us
- our customers and subscribers as part of a product or service offered by us
- third parties to enable them to provide you with news and information and to promote and market products, services and special offers (unless you ask us not to)
- others where the disclosure is required by law, for example, to government agencies and regulatory bodies as part of our statutory obligations, or for law enforcement purposes
- an organisation that acquires all or part of our assets or businesses.
We may also use or disclose information about you where we have obtained your consent, or where we have obtained the information from another party for a specified purpose, or as required by relevant laws, statutes, regulations, codes and external payment systems.
Where you provide information to us, you consent to use and disclosure of that information in accordance with this Policy.
Where you have access to the personal information of someone else by virtue of the products and or services we supply you, your use of this information must be in accordance with the rules are contained in the terms and conditions of your contract with us, which may be amended from time to time.
When we provide personal information to our customers and subscribers as part of a product or service offered by us, we require them to comply with the Privacy Act.
Snow Crows will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Each time you visit our website, web servers may collect certain information including your IP address, the date, time and duration of your visit and the pages, documents and services accessed. We use these non-personalised statistics about the use of our website to continually improve our website and customer service.
We may also use (and may engage third parties to use) this information to help improve and tailor our Website, and to select advertisements that may be displayed to you on our Website.
Our Website may contain links to the websites of third parties. If you access those third-party websites, they may collect information about you. You will need to contact them to ascertain their privacy standards. We are not responsible for the conduct of the operators of third-party websites.
- determine whether you have previously accessed our Website
- identify the pages you have accessed
- aid in the security of your use of our Snow Crows Website
- aid in the log-in process
- facilitate administration of the Snow Crows Website.
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – we use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in.
- Advertising – we use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies but you may configure your browser not to accept them. If you set your browser to reject cookies you may not be able to make use of our website.
We cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the internet. We recommend that you take all necessary precautions to protect your personal information while you are online, including installing appropriate operating system updates, browser updates, virus protection software and firewall software.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information about you that we collect, use or disclose is accurate.
If you have submitted details about yourself to us, you may request access to or a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Before providing you with access to the personal information that we hold about you, we may require that you first provide us with documentary evidence verifying your identity. Subject to us being satisfied with such verifying documents, we will only refuse a request for access to personal information when permitted by law (including the National Privacy Principles) and, in the unlikely event that this occurs, will give a written explanation for our decision. If you would like to request access to the information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer (contact details below).
If, at any time, you do not wish to receive marketing correspondence or email newsletters from us, please use the “unsubscribe” form provided or advise our Privacy Officer, and we will cease future correspondence and, if requested, remove your personal information from our marketing database.
We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent (unless we are otherwise allowed or required by law to collect that information). The Privacy Act defines the expression “Sensitive information’. It includes information about your health, your race or ethnic origin and religious beliefs.
Please provide us with your full name, address and contact number when contacting our Privacy Officer.
Snow Crows is an online platform providing informational services about online video games and tools to assist players to improve their gaming performance (System).
Snow Crows (Snow Crows, We or Us) makes the System available for use by users of services and products (Users, You, or Your). Access to and use of the System and the services available through the System (collectively, Services) is subject to the following terms, conditions and notices (User Agreement). Any new applications that we develop and any amendments to our existing applications shall be included within the meaning of “Services” for the purpose of the User Agreement. By using the Services, you are agreeing to all of the User Agreement, as may be updated by us from time to time. You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to the User Agreement.
Personal Information / Data means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) whether true or not, and whether recorded in material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Privacy Laws means any law applicable to the protection and processing of Personal Information, including without limitation the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (GDPR).
1. Amendments to User Agreement
Snow Crows reserves the right to amend this User Agreement from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on the System. Your continued use of the System following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the User Agreement as amended.
2. System Access
Access to the System is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the System is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts or all of the System.
You acknowledge that, although Snow Crows does not charge a fee to users for access to the System at present, Snow Crows may later decide to commence charging fees. You also acknowledge that, if you do not agree to pay such fees if and when Snow Crows commences to charge them, or if you fail or neglect to pay such fees, Snow Crows is likely to prohibit your use of the System.
4. Commitments and Prohibitions
You must not misuse the System. You agree to:
- comply with all applicable laws, regulations and codes;
- comply with any reasonable directions issued by us from time to time;
- ensure that only you access and use the System using your username and/or password and ensure that username or password is not shared with any other party;
- keep your computer systems, network and internet connectivity secure in accordance with good computer security practices; and
- if you become aware that account details or passwords have been compromised, without delay, notify us, change passwords and take any other security action we direct.
And you agree not to:
- Make any untrue statements or misrepresentations in connection with your use of the System;
- commit or encourage a criminal offense;
- transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene;
- hack into any aspect of the Service;
- corrupt data;
- cause annoyance to other users;
- infringe upon the rights of any other person's proprietary rights;
- send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as "spam"; or
- attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this System.
Breaching this provision may constitute a criminal offense and Snow Crows will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the System or to your downloading of any material posted on it.
5. Intellectual property, software and consent
The intellectual property rights in all software and content (including photographic images) made available to you on or through the System remain the property of Snow Crows or its licensors and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by Snow Crows and its licensors. You may store, print and display the content supplied solely for your own personal use. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on the System nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise outside of the System.
User data is the individual records provided by an individual User, any personal information and any data within the definition of “Personal Data” according to the Privacy Laws. For the avoidance of doubt, such User data will remain the property of that User and any information entered into Snow Crows’s System by Snow Crows and its licensors about the above-mentioned User will remain the property of Snow Crows and its licensors
6. Disclaimer of liability
Subject to any non-excludable consumer guarantees and other consumer protection provisions set out in the Australian Consumer Law, the material displayed on the System is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
To the fullest extent permitted by law Snow Crows hereby expressly excludes all warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity and must not be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but without limitation to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other intangibles, damage to goodwill or reputation, or the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services, arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, performance or failures of the System and any materials posted on the System, irrespective of whether such damages were foreseeable or arise in contract, tort, equity, restitution, by statute, at common law or otherwise.
This does not affect Snow Crows’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Snow Crows, its directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents, and affiliates, from any and all third party claims, liability, damages or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees on a full indemnity basis) arising from your use of the System or your breach of this User Agreement.
Snow Crows must have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the Services or any page of the System.
If any part of the User Agreement is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the User Agreement will not be affected and all other clauses remain in full force and effect. So far as possible where any clause/sub-clause or part of a clause/sub-clause can be severed to render the remaining part valid, the clause must be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the clause must be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the clause/sub-clause as is permitted by law.
10. Governing law
This User Agreement is governed in accordance with the laws of Queensland. The rights and obligations of each party and every question arising in relation to this User Agreement will be regulated by the laws of Queensland. Each party irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of those courts for the purpose of any action, suit or proceeding.
We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise, please let us know if you have any complaints or comments.
CCPA Privacy Notice
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Category A – Identifiers
Examples: Internet Protocol address, email address.
Category F – Internet or other similar network activity
Examples: Access history and information on your interaction with our application.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, through information we ask from you when you engage our Services.
- Directly and indirectly from you when using our Services or visiting our website. For example, usage details collected automatically in the course of your interaction with our platform or website.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, to provide you an online account.
- To provide you with email alerts and other notices concerning our Services, or updates to your account status.
- To improve our Services to you.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with our Services.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to the registered email associated with the account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you use of our Services.
- Provide you a different level or quality of Services.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. The date this Privacy Notice was last updated is identified at the bottom of this page. You are responsible for periodically visiting the Snow Crows website and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
Updated: March 19 2022