While completing this dungeon you can use to maximize your damage output.
Once completed, this dungeon path will reward you with:
- 76 Silver
- 100 Tales of Dungeon Delving
Durmand Priory Camp
Start and Path Selection
Go near the Priory Explorer to trigger a cutscene. The door behind him will open afterwards, exposing you to the Elite Graveling Breeder. He is surrounded by Spike Traps that appear and disappear every few seconds. You cannot mitigate the damage in any way, so wait until they are gone or walk over the coffins to the right. The Breeder will either hit you with attacks that deal power damage and Weakness or summons Graveling Hatchlings that deal a lot of Bleeding.
The Elite Graveling Breeder has no breakbar. CC him regularily to prevent Hatchlings from spawning.
Upon killing him, a door will open and you can follow the 3 Path NPCs to select the path at Shrill Sunderbark after a small dialogue.
You can use Swiftness or even Superspeed to speed up the NPC escort.
Follow the stairs. There will be a Graveling Burrow spawning at the bottom of the stairs that summons Graveling Hatchlings. Those deal a lot of Bleeding. This event is not required for path completion and can therefore be ignored. If you decide to kill the Burrow, keep in mind he does not take any Condition Damage.
The Graveling Burrow event won't spawn until the path has been selected. Simply keep the path selection window open and delay it for an easier time.
The next room has a lot of Spike Traps and Flame Jets that can easily kill you if you dont pay attention. Hug the wall of the left and jump straight over the fence instead of going down the stairs to avoid them.
The room you are in is filled with Spider Hatchlings, that are either Level 35 or anything between Level 1-5. They shoot projectiles that will inflict Poison. Bringing a reflect or projectile destruction might help. Additionally, the room is filled with 4 Gargoyle Heads that don't take Condition Damage. They shoot AoEs that will shoot AoEs that inflict Burning. Some Heads are too high for most melee attacks and require ranged attacks if you decide to kill them.
Killing all low-level Hatchlings spawns the Spider Queen and some additional Spider Hatchlings.
You should either kill the Spider Queen very fast by CCing and bursting her down, bring reflects or kill all Spider Hatchlings and Gargoyle Heads before spawning the Spider Queen in order to reduce pressure.
The queen has 3 attacks:
- Entangling Web: She will shoot white spider webs in front of her that deal medium damage and Immobilize each hit. Try to Dodge behind her while she charges up this attack.
- Bite: She will shift her body towards you and deals extremely high power damage, Weakness and 6 stacks of Bleeding. Only happens when fighting her melee.
- Venom Spray: She will shoot 3 AoEs that inflict Poison. These cannot be Dodged, blocked or reflected.
If you struggle to fight the Spider Queen, try to clear the room completely and then range her. She won't follow you and this way, you only have to deal with the Venom Spray attack.
The corridor that opens upon killing the Spider Queen contains a few Elite Graveling enemies and a Champion Graveling Stalker. They can kill you extremely quickly. You can either kill them or use Stealth to bypass. Furthermore, the room is full of the undodgable and unblockable Spike Traps you've encountered at the beginning of the path. Every now and then, there are safe spots for you to carefully plan your next steps. Pulling the chain at the end of the corridor deactiavates all traps. On the middle island in the main room, you will encounter Lieutenant Kohler.
You may also encounter a Cave Troll here that can spawn at multiple random points throughout the dungeon. He is super deadly and can wipe whole parties quickly. He is not required for path completion, hence it is advised to just run away from him.
Kohler is an optional and is not required for path completion. Although, killing him activates , so you can consider if it is worth for you to kill him or not. He will spawn 2 Elite Ascalonian enemies every 25% of his health. Kill them passively or even actively to reduce pressure. Kohler is a tanky boss with a lot of attacks:
- Scorpion Wire into Dagger Storm: Just like Thief's and . Scorpion Wire is indicated by him charging his sword, which will turn golden. It will deal 0 damage to you, but can Pull you up to 1200 range. Afterwards, he will Dodge for a few seconds and afflict Weakness, Cripple and 2 stacks of Poison each hit.
- Hornet Sting into Monarch's Leap: He Dodges away from his target and leaps back to it, inflicting Cripple.
- Flanking Strike into Flanking Stab: He leaps around his target, dealing extremely high power damage on his second strike.
- Serpent's Strike: He leaps around his target, deals mediocre power damage and inflicts Poison and Vulnerability.
- Heartseeker: Just like Thief's . Deals more damage the lower you are.
The Lovers' Crypt
After killing Kohler or skipping him, traverse the eastern bridge, through the Eastern Chambers and into The Lovers' Crypt. The corridor is guarded by two Ascalonian Ghosts, Stealth by or kill them. Once you arrived, Tzark will hold a small dialogue and the Burrow Event begins.
You need to defend the two Essence Collectors in the room until they collected enough essence. While that happens, 15 Graveling Burrows will spawn in a set order and summon a lot Gravelings which will attack the collectors. The order can be seen here.
Make sure not stand directly on the spawn locations, or you might get trapped inside of a Burrow and can't move until it is killed.
Ideally, you want to kill a Burrow as soon as it appears so most Gravelings don't even have the chance to spawn. After it died, quickly go to the next location and get ready to burst again.
If you defended the collectors well enough, you can ignore the last one or two Burrows since the Gravelings won't have enough time to kill the collectors.
Hall of Champions
Once the Burrow Event is done, a door to the Votive Cathedral in the north will open. It is filled with Spider Hatchlings, ignore them or Stealth by and keep heading north to make your way to the Hall of Champions and meet Warmaster Grast.
Kill the Graveling Burrows
As soon as you arrive, 4 Burrows will spawn in the Hall of Champions in the following locations, just like the ones you encountered in the previous event, but with a bit more HP. The later Burrows will have a lot of Elite Graveling Hatchlings next to them, so be careful. Walk around a Burrow while killing it to avoid most of the Graveling damage.
You can spread out and kill the Burrows simultaneously if you're confident enough.
Teleport to [wp:943]Reliquary Waypoint[/wp] and use the entrance to the Graveling Tunnels. Keep right and you will encounter a group of Graveling enemies in a corridor, kill them or Stealth by, because they will follow you to the endboss otherwise. Alternatively, you can go to the small niche at the northernmost point in the Lair of the Patriarch to lose aggro.
You will encounter the endboss, Colossus Rumblus, in the Lair of the Patriarch.
Lair of the Patriarch
Colossus Rumblus is extremely dangerous and can wipe whole parties if you don't pay attention. He has 3 main attacks:
- Patriarch Swipe: Deals some power damage, 10 stacks of Weakness, 3 stacks of Bleeding, Cripple and Weakness. Sometimes, his swipe has a blue tail, in this case it will Launch you as well.
- Shockwave: Casts a small shockwave and 5 seismic earthquakes in front of him that Knockdown for 3 seconds and moderate power damage.
- Cave In: By far his most dangerous attack. Indicated by him raising his arms, lightnings appearing around him and him screaming. A few seconds later, heavy rocks will fall from the ceiling all over the Lair of the Patriarch. One rock takes roughly 90% damage of your health and Knockdown for 3 seconds. They are unblockable. The attack will last about 15 seconds.
While Cave In is up, Warmaster Grast will summon a protective bubble that saves you from taking any damage from it, so make sure that Grast is alive if the attack is happening and that the focused person isn't near him.