Once completed, this dungeon path will reward you with:
- 59 Silver
- 100 Tales of Dungeon Delving
Alchemic Spillway and Central Data Repository
Escorting Agent Spire
The goal is to Escort Spire through the corridor filled with enemies. The simplest strategy is to kill every enemy in the room, but this can be quite of challenge, especially because of the wolves at the end of the corridor. It is essential to Dodge as soon as you see them leaping towards you. The Icebrood Elementals also have a deadly attack that comes in the form icy V-shape in front of them. Make sure to never touch it. You also should not get hit by their Ice Meteor attack.
You can speed up Agent Spire using Swiftness or even Superspeed.
Subject Alpha (First Encounter)
After path selection, a gate in the southeast will open. Up ahead is the Subject Alpha. He is surrounded by some Inquest enemies which will turn into Risen Thralls upon death. They will deal primarily deal Burning, Poison and some power damage. Alpha will resummon them at 75% HP somewhere in the room, so just try to cleave them passively with AoEs. He has 2 main attacks which he uses alternating:
- Teeth of Mordremoth: A cone attack made out of 5 different circles getting bigger each time. Each circle deals high power damage and you can even stand in multiple circles at the same time, making this attack even more deadly. Walk into or through his hitbox when he is about to cast this attack to nullify it. This can be timed well due to him alternating his attacks.
- Teeth of Primordus: Casts an AoE similar to . Deals extremely high damage and Burning, so it is essential to walk or Dodge out of it. If you stand within melee range, he will not cast the high damaging AoE and only inflicts the Burning, so try to stay melee at all times.
Subject Alpha will disappear once you bring him to 50% HP. This will open a gate behind him.
The Aquarium and Essence Purification Zone
Golems and Laser Room
The next section can seem somewhat mazy, just look at the minimap to easily traverse it. At the end of it, you will find a room with 5 Elite Inquest Golems. Entering this room unlocks Purification Waypoint.
These Golems can be annoying if not dealt with correctly. The easiest way is walk behind a corner. This will make them follow you, so they are nice and stacked and ready to be cleaved down. Be aware though, as some golems can do a Daze or Knockdown. Some Stability might come in handy here.
The Golems don't have a breakbar, so you can use any CC skill to interrupt them. A Pull in the middle of the room also works. If you wipe to the Golems, you can instantly use Purification Waypoint and quickly attack them again before they start regenerating.
Next, you need to interact with 5 Security Consoles roughly at the same time. 2 of them are in the laser room, the other 3 are located in another room behind behind the laser gate. Touching any of those lasers will kill you. There are horizontal lasers, which you need to avoid by jumping over them, in addition to 2 laser walls moving through the field. Whenever these laser walls reach the end of the corridor, the outer one will disappear for a moment, which allows you to sneak between the two walls and hop past the horizontal lasers to the other side of the door, where the the outer one will once again disappear, giving you access to the next room.
You can hug a wall to bypass the moving laser walls killing you while going through the laser corridor.
You can use Blink skills to facilitate getting past the laser corridor. Just make sure to not blink into any lasers.
Once every player is next to a Security Console, make a countdown and interact with all of them at the same time to progress.
Behind the laser corridor, there are 2 Security Consoles in close proximity to each other. You can interact with both of them by standing directly inbetween them before interacting. This allows you to finish this event with 4 people instead of 5.
The lasers will disappear after the interact was successful. Go up the stairs in the room behind the laser corridor to encounter Mark T-B34RC3.
Magimechanic Upgrade Depot
The Golem is surrounded by 4 turrets that regularily give him Regeneration, Protection, Resolution (the respective Turret is still called Retaliation Turret, the name did not get updated) and Condition Cleanse. The Turrets can be destroyed to prevent the boss from getting the passive effect until the Turret regenerates after 15 seconds. Mark T-B34RC3 has 4 attacks:
- Cage Barrage: He hits his target with both arms for low power damage and throws a projectile that leaves a static field on the ground that resembles the Elementalist's . Crossing the edge of this AoE will Stun you for 2 seconds. Either stay outside or inside of the AoE. The projectile can be reflected or destroyed.
- Firewall Grenade: Hits with his right arm for low power damage and throws a projectile that creates a fire AoE behind his target that resembles Engineer's . Can be reflected or destroyed.
- Ultra Beam: Glows purple and throws 3 projectiles, each hitting for medium power damage and dealing 2 seconds of Knockdown. Can be reflected or destroyed.
- Whirling Assault: He stretches his arms out and spins them while walking towards his target and hitting multiple times. Hits for low damage and does Knockback each hit.
Reflecting Ultra Beam will cause the Golem to break his Breakbar himself completely. If you are struggling, reflecting is a good idea in general since most of his attacks are projectile-based.
After killing the Golem, the door behind him will open.
Ambulatory Preparation Facility
The goal is to interact with the console 5 times to advance. There will constantly be Mark S Bomb Golems spawning, which will walk up to you and explode after a few seconds. Any damage will cause you to stop the interaction with the console, which takes approximately 23 seconds. Every time you've interacted successfully, the 3 Elite Inquest Golems that wait at the edges of the room will become hostile and run towards you. You need to protect the interacting player(s) by keeping all enemies away.
It heavily helps to use Quickness while interacting with the console. It reduces the overall interact time to roughly 17 seconds.
Thaumagolemic Observation Creche
Subject Alpha (Second Encounter)
After walking into the next room, Spire will go to the console up left. A small dialogue happens, then you have the choice to either save the Inquest members that are stuck with the several Elite enemies under the bubble in the middle of the room. Chose the lower option and wait for Subject Alpha to spawn.
After you chose to let the Inquest members die, you have a few seconds to damage the enemies under the bubble to get their loot before they get killed.
Alpha spawns with some Risen Thralls that he will resummon at 75%. He gains 2 new attacks compared to the first encounter:
- He regularily summons Undead Tendrils that hit you for medium power damage with a projectile.
- He occasionally traps players in a crystal, Stunning them. It lasts 30 seconds but ends after 15 seconds. The Stun can be broken if another player destroys the crystal. This is indicated by him jumping in the air. The attack is undodgable. If you are trapped, you can also use a Blink skill to escape.
He disappears at 25% HP, opening the door behind him.
Experimental Lab White
Bjarl the Rampager
Walk through the corridor to encounter Bjarl the Rampager. He is a Warrior and has 4 attacks:
- Greatsword Swing into Greatsword Slice into Brutal Strike: His auto attack chain, just like the Warrior's Greatsword auto attack chain. Only happens when within melee range.
- Rush: Resembles . Rushes towards its target. Deals very high damage and 2 seconds of Knockdown with a sword swing at the end.
- Uppercut: Charges up his greatsword behind his body and does Knockback and medium power damage to anyone in front of him. Only happens when within melee range. This attack can easily be sidestepped by walking to any side or through his hitbox.
- Teeth of Jormag: Casts several AoEs in the whole room that explode after 3 seconds. Each AoE deals high power damage and 6 stacks of Bleeding.
Bjarl also has the Scales of Jormag debuff that makes him take almost no damage. To get rid of it, he needs to do Rush against one of the power pillars in the room. This will also break his Breakbar completely. The strategy is to attack him and then hide behind a pillar so he will Rush against you. He regains the debuff are 17 seconds.
Try to not walk into his hitbox when Scales of Jormag is gone. You will push him away and most likely out of your teammates' damage.
Upon his death, a door in the east will open, leading you to the final boss, Subject Alpha.
Golemate Delivery Dock
Subject Alpha (Third Encounter)
Subject Alpha gains one additional in the last encounter. Every 10%, he spawns some Alpha's Essences. These will run towards Alpha and once they reach them, Alpha will regenerate some health. The Essences do not have much health, so they can be passively cleaved down with AoEs.
You can Poison Subject Alpha to lower the healing amount per Essence.
After Alpha dies, you might need to kill some final Essences before the path will complete.